This one is for all the fried chicken lovers!
Sure, you might clog an artery or two in the process, but we are completely down for it given the soul-enriching festival is taking place in Sydney!
Get your fat-pants aka stretchy tights on because you're gonna need 'em!
FYI here's what you can expect...
- Southern-style HY fried chicken with their special hot sauce, ranch and pickles via the folks at Hartsyard.
- Feeling like you need an extra kick? Korean style chook from Moon Park will be offering shrimp-brined fried chicken, soy and syrup with a side of pickled daikon.
- If you're a massive eater, you'll appreciate Henry Lee’s fried chicken on brioche rolls with chipotle dressing and slaw. YUM!
- And for those who love a pub feed, The Lord Gladstone's famous burgers will be your best bet. a The Mitchen which is Levins (ex The Dip) and Mitch Orr (ACME) will be reliving the good old days with Duke Bistro’s crispy fried chicken wings and hot wings buffalo style.
- Once you're done downing the protein packed goodness, you'll probs need to wash it down with a drink or two. Which is precisely where the brews supplied by Little Creatures Brewing and White Rabbit Brewery come in!
Go to Deets:
What: Birds of Redfern: A Chicken and Wine Festival
Where: Cake Wines Cellar Door, Redfern
When: Sunday 24th July, 12.30pm – 5pm
How much: $11.44 plus food and dranks