We're all quite obviously dying to buy everything on our wintery wish lists, but given the current state of our storage spaces, we probs need to empty out the online shopping carts and clean, clean, clean first. Lucky for you, we've round up a few Carrie Bradshaw-worthy wardrobe hacks that'll help cultivate your overflowing closet and tame the wild (walk-in) beast.
1. Invest in the best - Hanger uniformity makes it about 100 times easier to find your fave faux-fur or front-row frock (as it keeps all your bits and pieces at the same level). In addition, it also tames the chaotic look that closets tend to have due to a mash-up of mismatched hangers.
2. All of the lights - Lighting is key to finding anything in that oversized closet of yours, yet so often there's not enough of it. While having top-shelf lighting would be optimal, it's not cheap. Instead, use screw-in battery-operated LED lights on each shelf to achieve the same result for a fraction of the price.
3. Home is where the hangers are - Just like your car keys, go-to gloss and iPhone charger have a place in your space, so should basically everything in your wardrobe. Having a clear set of where something will live helps you to (a) find everything or (b) forces you to clean-out if you can't find everything.
4. Follow the 'one-year' rule: Don't hoard under false pretences; if you haven't worn it in a year, time to toss it in the trash.
5. Organise a regular purge - Getting into the habit of having a quarterly clean-out ensures you won't lose precious space to articles that never get worn.