When Beyoncé hit up mate Kelly Rowland’s birthday bash recently, she apparently spent a solid part of the evening waving her wedding ring around and shouting that she was ending her marriage to Jay Z. But her mama Tina Knowles came to the rescue the next day, explaining that, no, Queen Bey hadn’t meant it – it was just the alcohol talking.
And while we reeeeally hope she's right (#longlivebeyandjay), she’s not the first person to blame booze for dodgy antics…
1. Kanye's not ACTUALLY an egomaniac - It's just that he likes his Hennessy. After all, shortly before his epic Taylor Swift diss at the 2009 MTA VMAs, he was seen strolling into the event clutching a bottle of the super-luxe cognac... *Glug glug*
2. The Game doesn't MEAN to get into fights - It's just that the rapper sometimes gets into mischief when he hits the clubs – including that time cameras caught him ripping his shirt off in a fit of rage, Incredible Hulk style. But it wasn't his fault, he swears... He just had too many drinkies in his system.
3. LiLo isn't ACTUALLY a bad girl - It's just that, as she kindly explained to everyone's favourite mum figure Oprah Winfrey, she was addicted to alcohol in the past, and THAT is what's up with all those awks arrests/public stacks/racist attacks in New York clubs... You know what? We totally believe it.
4. Ed Sheeran doesn't REALLY hate Miley - It's just that he had a few too many at a 2014 MTV VMAs afterparty (because, MTV VMAs afterparty), so when he and Miss Cyrus passed each other at the do, he had some not especially nice things to say about her... To her face. But he can't remember most of them, so it doesn't really count, right?
5. Britney Spears didn't MEAN to marry her mate - It's just that, when you're in Las Vegas, and your buddy Jason Alexander is there, and you're boozing it up, and you're, ya know, Britney Spears... Like, it makes total sense, right? I mean, who WOULDN'T marry a mate in Vegas?
6. Mimi isn't REALLY a bitch - It's just that she'd had a few too many vinos when she had a massive dig at Christina Aguilera at a party – or so says Xtina. “I think she got really drunk, and she had just really derogatory things to say to me,” she told GQ. “But it was at that time she had that breakdown, so she might have been very medicated.” Oh, burn, Chrissy.
7. Reese isn't REALLY a diva - It's just that, when your hubby gets pulled over suspected of DUI, and you're Reese Witherspoon, and you've had waaaay too many brewskis, things get a little out of hand... You start yelling things like, "DON'T YOU KNOW WHO I AM?" and get dragged off in handcuffs... It's not pretty.