Regardless of how terribly Amber Heard and Johnny Depp sold the concept of living in Australia, it actually is an amazing place.
We're fortunate to live in such a beautiful country, but sometimes Australia can get a bit ridiculous. Us Aussie's have covered everything from the invention of Goon Of Fortune, to dropping swear words in what other people might consider "inappropriate" settings (like, you know, parliament).
No matter how much we love this place, sometimes there's nothing left to say, except "Straya." Here are 20 times we, as a nation, reached peak 'Straya...
1. When we considered this a professional head-shot for Toadie from Neighbours #MULLETGOALZ
2. When we put yeast extract into chocolate because we seriously don't give a f*** about things like flavour
3. When this loose unit tried to steal a goddamn car #FastAndFuriousKoalaTakesAll
4. When we gifted Prince George a goddamn crocodile. His face says it all, TF Australia?
5. When our Minister For Education, Christopher Pynnnneeeeeeee, dropped the c-bomb in parliament. Think of the children, Chris
6. When a comedian called his show DICKHEAD and we were all like yeah cool sounds great #keen (HAIIIII TOMMY)
7. When we invented the sport of kings, Goon Of Fortune
8. When we put meat pies into our pizza crust because we are wild and can't be tamed (Miley Cyrus style)
9. When two kangaroos started fighting in a suburban street and forever enabled us to screw with foreigners about our 'pet' kangaroo's
10. When Mick Fanning was attacked by a shark and just straight up punched it in the face
11. When the Northern Territory News was the best in the country
12. And again...
13. This insurance claim
14. When our Prime Minister changed 5 times in 8 years.
(John Howard / K-Rudd / Julia Gillard / K-Rudd / Tony "Onion Eater" Abbott / Malcom Tunbull)
15. When Woolies had to pull all the broccoli from it's shelves because it was infested with poisonous Redback spiders
16. When this Croc went for a surf during a heatwave
17. This beach that is basically not human-friendly
18. When our train stations got sarcastic AF #relaxmate
19. When Chris Hemsworth took this selfie with a spider
20. When we made two Americans fly all the way here for a trial, only to send them away with no conviction...
...but not before forcing them to shoot the world's best tourism ad, because Australia really is a wonderful bloody island.